This mug with artwork by Joe Mason depicts the lighthouses on the Calf of Man including Chicken Rock.
Almost a mile southwest of the Calf is Chicken Rock, the most southerly part of the Isle of Man's territory.
The Calf of Man, including Chicken Rock, has four lighthouses: two lighthouses were built in 1818 by Robert Stevenson to warn mariners of the hazards of the Chicken Rock off the south end of the Calf. These were replaced in 1875 by a lighthouse built on the Chicken Rock itself. In 1968, a third lighthouse was built on the Calf after a severe fire destroyed the Chicken Rock light. The Chicken Rock lighthouse was later rebuilt.